Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Am I crazy.?.?.


Monday of this week, I decided to start both, potty training Ian and weaning Levi. Crazy Right? Well, the first day, was exhausting to say the least. I put him in his "big boy" underwear and put plastic pants over top of the underwear. Then I set the timer for 15 minutes and then took Ian and sit him on the potty. We sat there a little while and then I let him up. I set the timer for another 15 minutes and repeated the whole thing again. Without any success by lunch time....I decided to called a friend of mine who also has two boys (older and both potty trained) for advice (which, I totally copied). I went to the dollar store and bought poster board (to make a Potty Chart), stickers and his favorite candy. Then I set the timer for every 30 minutes, sit him on the potty for 5 minutes during this time, we read books, sing the ABC's and count, then I would let him down and give him a piece of candy just for sitting there. Day one ended with out success. Discouraged..I wasn't sure if I wanted to get out of bed Tuesday morning to start the whole thing over again, but of course I did.......and Ian actually went pee pee in the potty as soon as he got up. YEAH! He was so excited when he got to put a sticker on his "GOOD JOB IAN" potty chart and even more excited when he got 3 pieces of candy for going on the potty. ( I didn't even care that it was before 8:00am and he was already getting candy). HE DID IT! He actually ended up going pee pee in the potty 3 times the second day! Today, we had to run some errands, so it was harder to work on the potty thing..but he still went 2 times.



As for the weaning - Levi is happy to drink whole milk warm or cold out of a sippy cup!
Thankfully, this seems like it will be an easy transition for him! I can't believe that he is going to be 1 in less than a month. My baby is getting big to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment