Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fly Fishing

Last night, we took the boys down to Matt's parents to spend the night, so that Matt & I could go fly fishing today.  This was the first time that we have ever left Levi over night and only Ian's second time (the first being when I was in the hospital giving birth to Levi almost 2 years ago).   Matt asked me how I thought the boys would do..I said "they will probably do great...I am more worried about me."  I did get a little emotional on our way to pick up my fishing license and then again when we got home and I looked into their bedrooms and they were not in there.  Of course I knew they were in good hands, but I still missed them terribly!

This morning, we got up bright and early (bright - from the moon shining down on us). It was beautiful - I kept looking out the window enjoying the view of the morning sky, while Matt drove us to the Duke Energy Bad Creek Project. There we got all geared up and hike just under a mile before we started fly fishing in the White Water River.  Wading in the river, feeling the cool water flow over my feet, listening to it rush down stream all around me, standing in the middle of God's beautiful creation, and all with my husband by my side! It was wonderful.  Matt calls fly fishing in the rivers "therapeutic" ....after being out there for a day I can now see why!


We spent over six hours fishing, talking, untangling our fishing line from branches, laughing, dodging SNAKES and catching some fish!  Matt caught 3 rainbow trout and 2 brown trout.  I missed two fish and foul hooked one (sorry little fishy).

After, a great day in the outdoors, we headed back to Matt's parents to pick up the boys. It was great to be greeted with bear hugs from our little guys!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Glad you guys got to go do something by yourselves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this blog.. thanks for posting things.. lets me feel like u really dont live that far away and we never really get to see you guys.. glad u had a good time cant wait till next week and we can fish with u guys at the rifendifer pond!!! love u

    ReplyDelete