Friday, February 22, 2013

SMILE...LOOK WHAT IS MISSING!

This morning, Ian lost his first tooth!  It had a little help from many things, but most recently it was the floor. For the last week, Matt and I kept checking on it, since it had started to drop a little farther down every day. An hour before we left for his first dentist appointment, he showed me his little tooth in the palm of his hand.  I asked him if he pulled it out, he looked a little sheepish and I told him it was alright if he had.  He finally confessed that he pulled on it a little and it came right out, with out hurting or any blood.
He did wonderful at the dentist office. The decided to do an x-ray since it had what they called "trauma" to it and did not come out because his adult tooth had pushed it out.  The x-ray came back fine!  He was excited to go home and put his tooth under his pillow so that he could get a coin from the tooth fairy.


View 0222130946.jpg in slide show


After he went to bed.  I waited until ten o'clock before I tried to sneak in and put his coins and a five dollar bill under his pillow. Every other night I could walk into their room and put clothes away and do a number of things in there and neither one of them wake up.  However tonight, as soon as I started to climb the steps of the bunk bed ladder, Ian sat straight up and asked me for a drink of water.  So I quickly got him some water to drink, told him good night and shut the door.  Around midnight, I made my second attempt, this time I tried to put the money under his pillow without climbing on the ladder. Only this time I dropped one of the quarters onto the hard wood floor.  After holding my breath for a few seconds and not moving I realized they were not going to wake up! After a few minutes of running my hands along the floor I found the dropped quarter and finally got the money put under the pillow and the tooth out from under it.  I walked back into our room and Matt was standing their smiling at me because he had heard the coin ping off of the floor.  I told him I needed to go to "TOOTH FAIR" school!













No comments:

Post a Comment