Thursday, February 24, 2011

My BIG HELPERS

Ian & Levi are really into helping me around the house.  Though, it may take me a little longer to get the choirs done, I love...that they love helping me..so even if it does take longer I'm going to take advantage of all of their HELP!

LAUNDRY
We head to my bedroom and pull out the laundry basket.  Ian & Levi push the basket down the hall and into the bathroom where our washer and dryer are located. They help me through the dirty clothes into the washer, I add the detergent, turn the knob to the correct cycle and then depending on who's turn it is Ian or Levi will pull out the button to turn it on! Once the clothes are washed, I pull the clean clothes out of the washer and they throw them into the dryer, they add a dryer sheet and push in the button to turn it on.  When they hear the buzzer go off - they know it is time to get the clothes out of the dryer and help me carry it all to the couch.  After I have all of the laundry folded (and refolded if the boys happen to knock over a pile)...Ian helps me carry the folded stacks back to our rooms! He even puts his clothes away all by himself!

CLEANING WINDOW
Ian & Levi each get their own paper towel and once I spray the windows they go to work wiping off the "BLUE" water!

VACUUMING
When I tell them it is time to vacuum...Ian opens the door to the closet, so that I can get the vacuum out.  Then they go into the den and pick up their toys off of the floor!  They help me unwind the cord so that I can plug it in and then fight over who gets to turn it on!!  Then they run around in front of me laughing and asking me to get their toes!  After the floor is all clean...Ian rushes over to help me dump out the dirt filled basket, helps me wind the cord back up and then opens the door to the closet again to help me put it away!

SWEEPING
"DO NOT STEP IN THE DIRT PILE" - I'm sure that is one thing the boys will remember me saying.  It doesn't matter what the boys are doing, what they are playing with or what they are watching, it seems like as soon as I get a pile of dirt swept together....they decide that it is time to run through the kitchen!  Once I get it all the dirt piled together again..Ian likes to hold the dust pan to help me clean it up!

TRASH
They each grab a trash can out of the bathrooms and dump them into the large trash can in the kitchen.

PACKING DADDY'S LUNCH
Every evening, Ian grabs Matt's lunch box and together the boys add all of Matt's lunch for the next day!
 Then Ian puts the lunch pail in the refrigerator!

I LOVE MY BIG HELPERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment